Top 5 Plant Based FoodsPosted: September 18, 2014
I came across this interesting article about plant based foods to improve your digestion. WIth the fall in full swing and the back to school and busy work season bringing stress to a peak for many – it is important we have a healthy gut. The gut is the core of our body – and we need to remember to take care of it!
Check out these 5 healthy foods to help keep your gut in check – we have enough to worry about right?
1. Apple Cider Vinegar – Consuming apple cider vinegar will introduce beneficial enzymes, probiotics, and amino acids into your diet that will improve digestion and help get rid of candida!
2. Chia Seeds- With their beneficial prebiotics (“food” for gut friendly probiotics) and scouring effects, chia has been known to be very soothing to the digestive tract
3. Fermented Veggies -Fermented vegetables keeps bad bacteria and yeast in check
4. Aloe Vera – Aloe vera is such a healing plant because it addresses the core reasons why most people are sick – systematic inflammation and compromised immune systems due to a poorly functioning digestive
5. Garlic – Garlic is an amazing superfood that can dramatically alter your inner ecology with its antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties
These are just little tidbits on the benefits of these foods – to read more check out the full article below!